Alley's Blog

Monday, February 25, 2008

Fat Lip

Alley was washing dishes with her Dad when she slipped offthe chair last night. She must have bit her upper lip in the fall as she split the right side of her upper lip open. So Alley and I took our first trip to the emergency room. It took 4 hours just to get into the ER! I certainly have a new found appreciation for what patients endure. Alley was pretty good - as she got more tired she just got more wound up and used it to the run the hallways. At about 11:30 we finally went back. She ended up getting 4 stiches in her lip. They numbed her up good - so I don't think she felt any pain but screamed the whole time the doctor was working on her - I assume from just being scared. She finally fell asleep around 1:45 and we eventually got home a 2:30. Now she has a fat lip - but it doesn't bother her too much. It is suppose to heal up nicely without any significant scare - I guess we can hope at least.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home